What I did in past exams

Exams are always so interesting because of the atmosphere they create around one self. Isn't it simply amazing how one could possibly make hundreds of youngsters to sit down in a huge hall ever so quietly for a couple of hours or so? Each is left to face the same exact blank answer booklets with what is in their heads as the only working tool at their disposal. Alright, to expect too much from one's head is too much, I really must admit. It is in a way unfair for one to be judged solely based on what he/she is capable of writing within a limited amount of time, but as they say, it is an examination, which was supposed to be a measure of one's comprehension of a certain subject. So yeah, whatever. If that is the way how it is supposed to be played, lets play by their rules then.

Sitting for exams can do wonders to you. Well at least it did to me. I can still remember back when I did my PMR exams, when I was done with my objective papers, I would use the time to draw myself a logo. I could not really remember what got into me at the time, but I was obsessed with this idea of coming up with a suitable logo for my dream company. I recalled that I wished for a logo which was simple, none too fancy, but elegant enough to capture the attention of its gazers. The logo must be versatile, as in it will look good no matter if it was on a body of the company's chopper, or even if it is to be printed on a mug. This is how it looked like:



Then it suddenly occurred to me, though it was supposed to originally resembles the letter 'W', it looked almost like the word Allah to me, without the Aleph in the front of it and a Ha on the back. I guess that was just my imagination playing tricks on me.

SPM. This time around instead of drawing things, I started to make anagrams out of my own name. Unfortunately given that my name has a 'W' in it, it proved to be quite a challenge. At the time, I had an idea of creating an alias of myself, you know like Benjamin Franklin with the name Silence Dogood, or like the infamous Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter whose name came from Tom Malvolo Riddle. The closest I got to was Faw Dudini. That last name was pronounced almost as if it was Houdini.

Silly isn't it? Those are the examples of things we are all capable of doing when we find ourselves being left idle. Not to say that I do not focus much when I was answering my exams, but I cannot help but to consider exams to be some sort of soul-isolation in a way. You are sitting next to so many other people, unfortunately you are not allowed to communicate to each other. Imaginations are humanity's greatest arsenal. Use them well.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?