First year exams, tick~

Done with my first year here in UCL! Wahooo!!! Yesterday as I walked out of Porchester Hall, I could not help but to feel so free that I decided to take the extra 15 minutes walk and take the tube from Paddington station instead. Seven papers in three weeks time. Sure, it may sound like there is not much pressure, but believe me, it's not what you think at all. It is mental torture I tell you!

all seven down~
Imagine waking up each morning counting down the days till your next paper, reminding yourself how much time you have left to revise your stuff and chapters left needed to be covered. If you still don't believe me, ask my rommate! Haha

won't be needing that exam card anymore 
All in all, it went alright. Do I think I could have done better? Yeah, surely I do, but given the time and the situation I was in, I can honestly say that I really try to make the very best out of it all. There were so many things which occurred throughout this past three weeks while the exam fever was on too. It is almost like God has decided to throw a few curveballs in my way just to see how I'd do. So bring it! They were at times a bit distracting given that they could not have chosen a better time for it, but then again they did in a weird kind of way brighten up my day, added colors to my rainbow if you know what I mean. But that's the thing you know, life does not stop for you just because you are having your exams. You still have your responsibilities and other commitments you must attend to, though in my line of work, they might be defined a little bit differently though mind you.

If it was not for them, this past three weeks would have been a lot more stressful than it already is tolerable. Sure, studying requires quite a high level of focus, to be able to take a few minutes away from it to ponder back on all the silly things which happened to you does somehow helps, provided that those things motivate you or sort. One of the many things I'd like to state here has definitely be Sara. Yes, the Sara Salim. She has been a GREAT help to me this past three weeks! If it wasn't for her, I must sincerely admit that I would never be able to get through ECON1004. Her notes as well as tips were indeed very useful. Regardless of how my results are going to be like when it is released later on this year, I am eternally grateful to Sara for what she has done to me. 

Sara's note on me whiteboard. Thank you so much for this~
 To name a few others, my roommate, Calvin surely for always being so entertaining. Who would have guessed that studying in a room while the person sitting next to you is too caught up with his online game can be so calming, guess it somehow took some of the pressure off of me. Hasan, Isky and also Munir for always coming by my room, just to talk, or pray together at the nearby mosque. 

And who else eh to thank? It is almost like I am jotting down a credit roll here! While I stop and take some time thinking about it, lets not forget that not all of my comrades are done with their exams, some may not even started with their papers yet, namely those in Cambridge. Goodluck to all of you, all the best. Never let down on the preparations, it is tiring, but the efforts are well worth it, God's willing. 

May the force be with you.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?