This week's exams; life changing chat with Pizza Park guy

Yeap, I'm finally done for this week. All three papers for this week are done, finally! Unfortunately though, today's paper was not so good. It was quite terrible if I may say so myself. Not that what came out was unexpected, the issues which came out were exactly the ones which Sara predicted to be asked, but the demand of the questions were a bit much. Not to mention how crowded it was in Porchester Hall! The invigilator even ran into my table while she was too busy running to hand someone extra answer sheets. Yeah, that was a bit distracting, other than that, I was just so glad when it was time to hand our answers in. All I could think off at that time was that I need to quickly get the hell out of this place and buy something to eat or sit, or whatever.

Porchester hall. WIll be coming back here a lot.

Bishopgate Institute, my 1st exam venue where I got lost last Monday.

Commuting all over London just to get to exam venues is something new to me, and frankly it is both scary and fun at the same time. It felt so scary to get on the tube while you are on your way to the exam itself, because all that you could possibly think about the moment you tap your Oyster card is whether the paper is going you are going to kill the paper, or it's the other way around instead. But when you are done with your paper and you jumped into the tube to head back together with the rest of the working population, given that your exam finishes around the same time as the majority of Londoners finish their work, there is not a better feeling than the relief of a hard day's work is finally over, standing in the corner of the coach with earphones on listening to music heading back home to get some rest. Unless you had a crappy paper like I did just now, then catching a tube back home only makes you realize that you are not the only one with a sad, miserable face on the tube.

***

I went to grab something for dinner at the usual Pizza Park tonight. As I sat down, patiently waiting for my order to be ready, the ever-friendly shirt guy came into the shop. There is this one staff who works there who is always smartly dressed with a shirt and a tie on. Since I am pretty much a usual there, he quickly recognized me and shook hand with me. Than we got talking about he was busy lately, he had to work seven days a week on some project, the usual man stuff about work and all. He told me he had two jobs, both in some firm, while the other is here in Pizza Park, then he continued on telling me about his wife. For some strange reason, I began to ask him about his family, how many children does he have and how does it feel to be a father. 

Upon hearing this, his face began to light up, despite how tired he was at the time, he stood up and took his iPad from the behind the counter to show me the photos of his daughter. He forgot to tell me her name, but she is three years old. He said to me, when his daughter was born into this world, his world changed entirely.  He described it as almost like owning a pet. You begin to think about them every minute of the day, feed the pet with whatever food you have in hand, not because you think that it is hungry, but because you care for it so much that you want to share everything, as well as spend time with it. Unlike when you have a girlfriend or sort, most of the times you'd expect her to reciprocate the love and care you shower her with. All he thinks about is how best to love and care for her, watch her grow up. In a way, you become more spiritual the moment you have your own family. I guess that is how amazingly powerful the miracle of life actually is. 'You have to experience it yourself to really understand it because words don't really do it justice', he said to me.

Lastly, he even confessed to me how he missed his student's life. To my surprise, he told me he actually has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Sheffield. Not that I looked down on him before, but I never knew he would be an engineering guy. From the first look I knew that this guy is an educated person, educated people has this particularly distinct way of presenting themselves. He missed how it felt like to be a student, when all you need to worry about is to survive uni life and have fun with your friends, compared to his present life as an adult, he said, he needs to worry about mortgage, his finances, his car, insurance, what more now he has a family to be taken care of. You know, the usual 'being a student is more fun than being an adult' story.

So that was pretty much it. What a day! Started out pretty messed up, had a not so good paper in the evening, then had an eye-opening chat with the guy who works at the fast food place near my home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?