Love is trending?

Getting married; I've been meaning to write on this topic for a very long time unfortunately when I do have the time to do so, it always escaped my thought. I noticed that ever since I stepped foot here in the UK this topic is commonly being brought into conversations. If there it was just one or two people, then sure, I have no problem with it, but when the exact same topic is talked about in almost every conversation, one cannot help but to wonder, is it on the headlines nowadays or something?

Are we that lonely in life that we long to get married so soon? I don't think so. We have our friends of which we can always talk to everyday. Now with the advancement in technologies, we are just a finger tip away from saying hi to our friend halfway across the globe. Technologies are meant to enable us to live life with ease, unfortunately being humans our demands are infinite. Nothing is hardly ever enough for us. So why do we still feel alone? Ironic, ain't it?

When I asked a few of my friends, they told me that it is about time we start thinking about this sort of things. Start saving money, develop ourselves to be a better person so that by the time comes we are ready, and so on. But the thing is, how ready can you be?

Love has always been a topic of interest for ages since humanity existed. Heck, we are created by God out of love. Which is why 'love' industry has always been so profitable over the years. Think about it. No matter what kind of crisis the world is facing, anything about love will always sell. Be it a song promoting love among humans, a music video, you name it. It is an industry that will never go bankrupt, which is why I sometimes wish that there were 'love' bonds or stocks being sold in the market because if there were such things, then neither gold or any other commodities could ever compete with it.

But everytime I got into a conversation about love and marriage with anyone, I cannot help but to go home smiling to myself. I would smile the whole way back until I reach home thinking to myself, how great is this world created by God. All of us were born alone, and thus someday we would all too die alone; that is how it is, which is why we long for love when we are still breathing. When we were small, our parents were the first couple of people we learn to love unconditionally. As we grow up, more and more people are added into the circle of love.

Ever asked yourself why can't we be happy with just loving our parents and a few other people? Why do we bother adding up so many people into our so called circle of love as we move along in life?
The answer is simple really. Because we soon learn that nobody lives forever.

Then again, what do I know about love. I am but a crazy boy who does nothing but sleep and eat all day.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?