From the other side of the sea...

the long check-in queue in Heathrow Terminal 4
I am finally back at home, yeay! How long has it been? Nine months if I am not mistaken. Surely felt like it has been forever. Things sure look a lot different from the way how it used to. The old cat who always come by around the back of my house is dead, there are new glasses in the kitchen, new plates, my dad installed new lights, even the neighborhood seems different from my eyes. But regardless of all of that, I am still glad to be home.
thank you...cabin crew, nice food & funny captain!

I did not really feel the 12 hours spent on the plane yesterday. You may say that that is because I was excited to go back home, but the truth is, I was too tired to actually feel excited at all. For those of you who are not so familiar with me and sleeping habits, I am a heavy sleeper. I can spend an entire day in bed, trust me. When I sleep, I will stay asleep for quite some time. Not that I do not realize what is going on around me, but it is almost as if my body is the one who choose to ignore them. Hence, I dared not to sleep the night before my flight just because I was too scared that if I did, I might end up missing it. Just ask my roommate, Calvin. He knows all too well how ‘early’ I’ve been waking up these past few weeks. The earliest has got to be half past noon. So instead of sleeping, I had to endure through the night.

Oh you would not believe how hard that was for me!

I played COD then I stopped and watch HIMYM for a while. After a few episodes, I started playing games again, back and forth for hours on end right until the sun began to rise at approximately 5 in the morning.

I was pretty sure that I was going to be alone on that flight since nobody I knew of was on it, but as I was queuing up to check in, I saw Christine from KTJ. It turned out that her brother, Alex was on that flight. Then I met an Indian aunty whose name I did not get until the end, plus a guy studying Medicine in Uni of Bristol whose name escaped me. Yes I know, I am terrible person for not being able to remember their names, but in my defense, can I just say that the aunty never told me her name, while the Bristol student was entirely my fault for not registering it unto my head. I am just bad with names, I must admit. So in the end, I was not on my own during that flight. Which reminds me of something Munir said to me last week; he was pretty sure that I will meet someone on my flight, so yes Munir I did, you were right! You told me so!

Breakfast at nearest mamak to KLIA! Credits to my cousin
who is a MAS Flight Engineer who brought my bro here
I was about to watch some movies during the flight, but as I scrolled down the available options, I realized that I’ve just watched them few days ago, like 21 Jump Street, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Flying Swords of Dragon Gate and few others . Luckily, MAS do have a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother on their in-flight entertainment, well four episodes to be precise. I know this because I watched all four of them twice. But particularly the episode when Ted ran into Victoria again after five long years since they broke up really got to me. It got me thinking that Ted seeing Victoria all over again after she went to Germany was not at all a coincident. Call me superstitious but it just does not make sense to me if you were to claim that their meeting was by pure chance, it was destiny. Being tired and sleepy as I was, my mind started to wonder what if the same thing was to happen to me.

Who will be my ‘Victoria’? And will that meeting be fated for us to actually be together? Or is it just another sign from God that He has more for me to learn from ‘Victoria’? But then again, not everybody is lucky enough to get second chances in life, ain’t it? Those are meant for good guys, not jokers like me. All I can say is this, if you do get a second chance like how Ted did, then use it well. How the story might end is beyond you, but at least you know you did not screw up twice.

Oh hell, who cares! Have a jolly good summer everybody! Baby, I am back!

I leave the rest to you…….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?