A dream in Birm

The dream you are about to read about down below was actually a dream I had last year when I was on a road trip in the UK. We spend the night in Birmingham mosque when it happened. That morning as I was driving to Manchester I was left so disturbed, was it a sign, a sort of gentle reminder of how the future of mine could turn out to be? Or was it simply a projection created by none other than my own wild imaginations?

I dreamt of a girl, whom I believe to be a close friend of mine was about to get married. Then the night before her big day, she rang me. Surely I was shocked to get a call from the bride-to-be, but considering that she must have a pretty good reason for doing so, I picked it up. She nervously confessed to me that she was having cold feet, she was scared that she was making the wrong call. I cannot help but to think to myself, why the heck did she chose to ring me of all the many acquaintances she got. Why ring your guy friend when you have lots of other girl friends to talk about this? I honestly did not think that I am the right person for you to confide in, but nevertheless since she's already called me, I felt that I should do the right thing and calmed her down. I told her that it is normal to be having cold feet when making big decisions like this. I tried to knock some senses into her and build her confidence, thankfully she listened to me and all was well again. 


As I was talking to her on the phone I could not help but to feel strange. I felt this weird feeling building up in my guts, as if something was not right. Maybe it was the fact that she chose to ring me instead of her girls, I reasoned to myself, but the thing was I somehow knew that deep down inside of me, that this was not it. There was something else. Finally, I finally decided to suppress it and focus my efforts on helping her.


Finally, here it was, her wedding day. There were a lot of of people at her wedding, friends and families all flocked to together share her joy of finally tying the knot. There she was, so beautiful in a light purple dress, walking down the aisle, firmly holding on the bouquet on one hand, while holding her dad's hand in the other. I was practically mesmerized by her look. As all of this took place, I was not standing in the crowd of guests. To begin with, I was not even on the guest list. 


For some strange reason, I dreamt that I was not invited to her wedding. Maybe her husband just did not like the fact of having his wife's guy friend present on their wedding day, I did not know for sure. Hence, I stood quite a distance away from where the whole wedding process was going on, but close enough to actually see it as it happened. I saw her smile from afar. I had my tux on, smiling to myself. In my mind I could hear 'me' whispering to myself, I am glad that you finally found your happiness today, may that smile remains on you for now on end.

The sound of athan marking the time for Fajr prayer finally woke me up from that dream. I was left wondering to myself what was that dream supposed to mean that entire day. I know that it was way too imaginative to be true, but nevertheless it sure felt real to me. Besides, never in my life I had such an elaborate dream like that. You never know about these things, right. Maybe it was a sign, or maybe it was all  but a dream.


I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?