Investing in human capital

Morning peeps~

Many doesn't know that I am a fan if speeches, I like to listen to them, honestly I do, but only if I find them interesting and worth my time listening to. Yes, it is a bit vain of me to like listening to speeches, but hey, if the speakers are interesting in the sense of their style of presentation and how the arguments their brought forth. To name a few speakers which I admire, Barrack Obama, Tun Mahathir, Anwar Ibrahim, and also Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar, her speeches on key financial issues are of immense importance for me considering that I am part of her company now. Hehe.

Today's topic, talent development.

As I've mentioned in my earlier post, talent development and issues regarding human capital building are always so intriguing for myself. Why, you may ask? Why would a 20 year old man who spends most of his time sleeping care so much on such a minor issue when there is a lot of other issues which threats our present way of life?

My answer is simple, it's because I am part of this strategic human capital building. That is why I care so much. You see, to make a baby one needs parents, but to educate the baby, one the parents themselves are simply insufficient. I do not deny the fact that parents do play a huge role in educating their children when they are young, unfortunately as the children grows older beyond the age of say seven for example, there is only so much that the parents could do to influence them. Many studies indicate that only during the early stages of child development do parents play a significant role in shaping the lives of their children since they are their children's daily role model. Some studies even pointed out that it is not the parents themselves whom affect their children, contrarily it's the environment in their home which did the trick in influencing them. There are so many studies to refer to if I were to write on this topic of child development alone, but this is not what I intend to discuss today.

Education is inevitably crucial in developing a nation's capacity. The reasons why it is so, as the late Sir Francis Bacon said, 'Knowledge is power.' Education gives birth to a knowledgeable society, this in turn will kick start the economy's engine running. Which is why nowadays we often hear politicians and many top figureheads kept on stressing on the issue of education. For a nation to keep up with the pace of globalization, human capital is by far one of the most essential ingredients that they would require.

Let me take an example that is close to my heart, my own country, Malaysia. In Malaysia there are quite a number of scholarships being offered to students to further their education. These golden opportunities are not only meant to boost the morale of students to study harder, but also to ensure a consistent flow of local talents. You see, if Malaysia is to achieve its goal to be able to one day stand as tall as the proud countries like America, Japan, France, Russia and many more, these bright Malaysian minds are of tremendous importance. It is not a matter of a service to our nation, but I'd rather consider it as more of a contribution to our own country. Yes, you can argue about corruption that's going on, fight about the question of inequality that's taking place, but it is about time we put all those fighting aside and focus on what is more important, our nation building.

But do we train our people? Now that is the most trickiest part of it all. Being humans, there is no definite way of educating people as an individual is unique between one to another. What works for you may not necessarily works on me. If you think you can be an all-rounder then by all means, go ahead; but do bear in mind that not everyone else is like you. Go out there, see the world and find out what actually works for you and work on it! Strive to be the very best in your own style~ There is no need to imitate. You are how you see yourself to be.

Investing in our people, read this then you'll see. I think I might as well put this issue to rest for now as I don't think this is an issue you guys would be interested in knowing. It's simply just a brief note on one of the many issues which I am particularly interested in. For further questions, just contact me.

I leave the rest to you....... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?