2013 in words? Wait for it...

  • wear a suit
  • be a good speaker/ orator 
  • write more
  • find someone to take care of parents while you're away 
  • go to Paris with someone you love 
  • be good at presentations 
  • Have a good hairstyle 
  • be a better cook
  • get more organized 
For those of you who are wondering what the list above is, those are the list of things I have always wanted to do in my life. Some of them are pretty stupid, that I must admit, like wearing a suit. I mean, who does that?

Funnily enough, there was a time in my life when I thought to myself that wearing a suit is cool, thus I thought to myself, hey maybe I'll look better in those things instead. Nah, what a bunch of lies. For those people who were like me, take note of this, wearing a suit does not make you look cool! Suits are just symbols of power, and as always with great powers comes an immense amount of responsibility. 

If there was one lesson I could take-away from 2013 it's this: there will come a time in your life when you begin to realize that most things are not working out the way you wanted/ needed them to. But it's okay. Won't they make you feel down? Yes, they will surely do. 

So lit you know that your life is going to be sad and very disappointing, what is the point of it all? 
Wait for it....

Like literally wait for it. That is it. When you are down, acknowledge the fact that you are down, you are sad and devastated. But know this, the fun part is to turn them all around. Don't just sit around and be sad all day. Take a day off for you to be sad because you are entitled to do so. The next day, wake up and try to force a smile on your face. Tell yourself this is a brand new day, time to do what needs to be done. Let the past go, keep them in your heart, lock them up good. 

Kids, if you are reading this, note this. I am a very bad person. I hurt people the whole of my life, and I could never forgive myself for that, neither have I have found a way to be a better person. I am in position to inspire people, what more to volunteer myself to make this world a better place. But if I could give one useful piece of advice to you from my 2013 experience it's this: wait for it...

Do I have much to regret in my life? Yes, of course I do. Quite a lot of them too. But do I wish that I could turn back time and make things right? Maybe not. Because the one catch that many seems to miss about the idea of going back in time is the fact that by doing so, you are actually losing time. Life is short, so why waste it by going back in time and make the alternate version of you better when you version 1.0 is not? 

I leave the rest to you.......
Sent from Evernote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?