Song of the week; fragility of life


I have been listening to this song for a few months now, but it never occurred to me to actually pick it up as one of my songs of the week, until today finally came and I finally changed my mind.

Here  how it goes...

Just as any other weeked, I had my video session with Rahimah. We talked and talked till late at night. The fact that she was willing to wake up so early on a Sunday morning really touched me, but I'd never told her that. Then we got to talking about the condition of one of my family members who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The day before yesterday my mom texted me saying that her condition was getting worse; at the time, she could not even open her own eyes anymore. The whole family returned home to visit her, including my parents. 

I was praying the best for her, though deep down in my gut I knew that her chances are slim. This I knew from younger brother who read the doctor's report as well as the x-ray and stuff when they came down to KL last summer. Finally, earlier today, at approximately after Subuh prayer, I received a brief text from my mom telling me that she was gone. She went around the same time I was busy video-chatting with Rahimah about her, this was the reason why I spent quite some time of my Sunday morning staring out of my bedroom window. To me, it sure felt ironic that at the same time I was talking about her, God took her from us all.

And that was just her 'leave', the after-effects has yet to come, what more when next Friday is Aidiladha. Wonder how that'll be like now that she is no more? 

O God Almighty, I pray that You give us the strength and the courage to continue on, all with Your blessings.  For we are Yours, and one day we shall return to You.

We were all born to this world in the same way, in bareness and nothing. Lets pray that when our calling is here, we return to Him not the same way. Allah, bless her soul.

PS: The reason why I posted this here is because I know all too well that nobody ever reads this, which makes it so perfect since I'd rather not share this too publicly. This is the sorrow of me & family, by right I will endure. 

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?