Internet black out

Summer has ended, lectures have already started for us here in UCL. This had been a pretty hectic week for myself as there were much for me to sort out, both academic and non-academic related. To kick things off, there was the internet. We told our landlord that we wanted to use his BT Broadband account just for the month of September, so come last Monday, our flat was left without an internet connection, while the newly subscribed VirginMedia broadband was due to be up and running on Thursday. So yeah, the six of us were left without an internet connection for three days.

How was that like?

Well, since the six of us were all pretty well adapted to the life with the internet always switched on it was pretty challenging, what more when me and the UCL boys already have our lectures on, so we were in dire need of an internet connection to go to Moodle and download the slides with other reading materials. Come Thursday, I was anxious the entire day, waiting for any sorts of communication from VirginMedia, refreshing my VirginMedia email every five minutes or so. Although I was well aware of the fact that my internet line could be activated at any time of the day until last midnight, I lost my patience come 5 o'clock that I quickly rang the VirginMedia helpline with the hope that they could help me resolve my issue faster. Unfortunately, that proved to be unfruitful; we finally got our internet at about 10 PM, finally!

So as you can see, our lives nowadays are pretty much built around the internet. Not to say that we could not survive without the internet, we could, but our life are a bit awkward not having it around. The ironic thing was that, I was just reading an article on my Pocket app a few days ago on the same topic! Fate, huh.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?