Two months internship experience


Two months of internship in the Bank had been an undoubtedly memorable experience for me.  The first few weeks were a bit boring, the fact that I needed some time to adjust and digest the information left me with pretty much nothing to do. It was awkward to be in the working environment when you are too used to being a student. What more when the shift involved a sudden jump into an organization with such a broad scope of work such as the Bank. The job scope is simply too wide, so expect not to know everything, unless you are that good, I personally am not. 

Surely I am not at liberty to really discuss what I have been asked to do the two months I am there since this blog is too public. But all I can tell you is it really is a worthwhile experience. Getting used to the routine was tiring at first, but given how fun and exciting the people working there provided me was exactly the push I needed to get me out of bed. If you were to ask Amirul from Legal, he would know how I would kept on chanting the 'I love my job' mantra on our way to the office every day. Besides, if I did not do the internship there what else am I to do other than to be chained to my laptop all day, left to rot there for the whole summer?

Plus, if you are anything like me, a scholar of theirs, I would highly encourage you to try it out. Go for three or four week if you think two months are way too much commitment. It is indeed a good way for you guys to better plan your studies in the future; exploring what sort of a job scope is right for you is important as it will then help guide you in planning what subjects to take as your study goes along. And then of course, the experience will also help in understanding what is expected of you when you get back here after you graduate, what qualities are valued, the communication skills needed, be it in writing or speaking, etc.

The best part of my internship has got to be when one of my bosses (I have three bosses each with different tasks) actually listened to me when I told her about an idea that I have in my head. It was just a simple enough idea, something conjured at the back of the mind of some silly kid such as myself. To my surprise though, she actually listened to me! Like really listened and paid attention to me. And it did not stop there, she even gave me feedback as well asked me to carry out further comparison study just to justify it. It was a bit tedious, but having done all that, I cannot help but to feel satisfied, knowing that my idea was worth something to the company.

They even celebrated my belated b'day! sooo touched~

So there you have it, how I spend the bulk of my summer holidays, two months doing an internship. To sum it all up in three words; educational, worthy & exciting.


Lat day while I was JKS (Jabatan Keselamatan & Sekuriti) to return my pass
I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?