Registration in UIA

Earlier today I went to UIA to send my friend off on her registration day. It is a big day for her because it has been years since she left studying and since her family could not accompany her to the registration today, I felt obliged to drive her there. At least she won't have to go through it all alone. This has got to be the earliest I ever woke up on a Sunday!

When we got there at 9, there was already a lot of people queuing for registration at the CAC. I found myself smiling thinking that this was supposed to be where I would have been if I hadn't accepted the scholarship from the Bank. Had I decided to do engineering 4 years ago, this will surely be my playground instead of me having to go all the way to London. To be honest with you, I sometimes do wonder how would it be like if I were to say yes to UIA four years ago?

Well to begin with, I would have never met this friend of mine in the first place. Second, it would surely be much easier for me since it is so close to home. I could easily choose to stay at home for my second year or so, get a Myvi or something, then my life will surely be so convenient. But everything will be at the expense of my parents, this was unfortunately my main concern four years ago. Engineering was the other alternative after medicine because after two years of studying Biology in high school, I have had enough, it was just not my cup of tea, plus medicine takes too long, I do not think that I can last that long.

Well, enough rambling about me, back to today's story.

Surely there were a lot of people in UIA today. Parents and kids all over the place, coming from all parts of Malaysia. I cannot help but to smile seeing them anxiously waiting for their kids enrolling outside of the CAC. I'm pretty sure that the smiles on their faces must surely contain mixed feelings, joy from watching their kids finally making it to uni, nervously thinking how their future is going to be like in the next few years when they graduate as well motivated to push the younger ones to study harder so that someday they might follow the footstep of their brother. The experience of enrolling/registering for uni here is so different than mine.

If here in Malaysia you'll see an ocean of parents and kids, back there in the UK you can only see students coming on their own. Very few of them come with their parents. Perhaps this is because here in Malaysia registration is usually done on a weekend. I cannot help but to ask myself, could the difference in our cultures be a reasonable explanation to this phenomena? Or was it just a mere coincidence?

I am truly happy for my friend, SUPER HAPPY! I am glad that she finally made it here, the first big step in achieving her dreams, I hope.Wishing you the very best in your future endeavor. May Allah bless you along your way!

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?