King's MNight; after thoughts

Last couple of nights I went to yet another Malaysian Night show, this time it was King's College's turn. They had a musical entitled Uniform: A fable of distinctions. A musical, now that is something different, hence I told myself to give it a go. Besides, quite a number of my friends are involved in it too. They have been telling me how awesome the show is going to be, so I can't afford to not go, can I? Turns out, it was totally mind-blowing.



As always though, I am not here to write about my whole experience that night. If you wanted to know about that, then you just have to ask me personally. I am here to write about what I thought about it.

What does it mean to be friends with someone?

We all started off as friends, everything was simple. We have each others' back, or so we thought that we did. We confided into one another, share with them not only our stories, but our dreams and secrets too. We trusted one another as we knew that they would always have our back, regardless of thick or thin because that is what friends are supposed to do. But as time flies, we both grow older and more mature, we begin to think about what is to become of us in the near future. It is time for each of us to step away from our carefree lives and start making our steps in achieving our life-long dreams. But what if those dreams which I have longed for all these years stand in the way of our friendship? Should I continue on with it since it has always been what I wanted for so long, or should it be forgotten as it is unfair for me to let such a petty dream be in the way of our friendship?

Ah, then you will start to think:
To forgo of my dreams, now that is asking too much. If he really is a true friend of mine, he should understand. Besides, this is for my own good, doesn't it? He surely wants what's best for me. I mean, if he was to be in my shoes, I reckon he would do the exact same thing. On top of all that, it doesn't meant that this is the end for our friendship. I'm pretty sure we will meet again sooner or later, life's always filled with mysteries, no?


But then again, by doing so, would not that make me a bad friend? How could I do that to my own best friend. I am not supposed to leave him behind, well not like this. How can I afford to let my best friend be left behind while myself is away, chasing my dreams? This is not fair for him. I need to stay behind and be there for him, especially now when he needs me the most.

Quite a dilemma huh? People told me that if you love somebody so much, you sometimes need to let them go. On the other hand, there are also people who told me that true friends don't leave their friends to shed their tears alone at night.

So which is it? 
Now that is the question lingering inside of my head the moment I left the theater that night. Something worth our time pondering about.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

Kisah si ayah dan anaknya....