My bro....

My mum surprised me yesterday when she told me that my brother successfully got a scholarship to do Medicine in Russia. While she was talking to me on the phone, I can frankly sense the spark of happiness in her tone. Though Russia was not part of the original idea, which was Egypt where Amalina is now, but nevertheless, their main concern was more about the placement and for him to be able to study the course of his choice, and the other thing was also the funding, of course.

Reminiscing time

Having only three brothers, I don’t have much an example to be followed. What more when our parents seem to let us determine our own path independently. Just like last time when I asked my dad on what am I to pursue after my SPM, his words to me was,’ Its your future, so it is entirely up to you to choose from. I won’t give you any suggestions because you ought to know your own capabilities by now. All I can do for you is to advice you based from my experiences and that’s all.’

Doing Economics, well that was my choice. It came to me randomly, something I’d never thought would appeal to me before this. It is new to me, but I am fond of it since the method of learning it suits me rather well. To have one of us becoming a doctor is my mum’s dream actually. Previously she shoved that dream unto me, but I gently refused to take it up, saying that I hate Biology. Frankly speaking, I am not fond of the idea reading Medicine for seven long years. Not that I find the subject as boring, it is temptingly fun, unfortunately I am not up for the challenges it brings perhaps.

my brother, Wazien

Having said all that, I never even thought that my younger brother was up for it either at that time. I knew that he is more of a computer, technical kinda guy. But this idea of his was shot down by my dad, because having experiences in that field for as long as I can remember, first as a lecturer, afterwards as an IT Consultant for Sapura Holdings he knew that a computer science guy no longer has a good job prospect. Personally, I do not know on what basis he said this, but given that Malaysia is not that well known for its IT capabilities, I must concur. So in the end he agreed to do Medicine in the end. Up to this day, I still fail to figure out why he chose to take up medicine; did he purposely do that just for the sake of not letting my mum down or was it because he really was interested in the subject?

Anyway, I wish him all the best!

I leave the rest to you…….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

1st post from London