Being an attorney

I am not here to talk about exams, not that they are not important, yes it is crucial that I get those grades that I needed, but focusing on my exams does not mean that I can’t take some time of thinking about other stuff as well. If you know me well enough, then you ought to know that my mind never stays put in one place, my body does not seem to coordinate very well with my head, and that is a true story. If you find me waving my hands to you standing right in front of me, but my head is looking to my side, which is just normal for someone like me.

I was watching this movie Lincoln Lawyer last night and it got me thinking, can I be a lawyer?

I have no such interest not in the past nor even now, is it just another crazy idea of mine. I just thought that maybe I can become a lawyer, but all I need is to brush up on my communication skills so that I can become even more convincing with my arguments as well as get that seriousness that I seem to lack. I can be serious if I want to. I did try to be serious sometimes, especially when the occasion calls me to, unfortunately it is not fun being serious. My friend told me that I am only serious when I am mad. Well that surely isn’t a fun time for me.



One thing I do know about the judicial world is that, no one will ever say that they are guilty, not even when the evidences are all pointing straight at you, you won’t go down without a fight. Well perhaps that is just human nature, never to back down without a fight. Besides, if you have the guts to commit the crime in the first place, why not have the courage to keep yourself out of prison as long as you possibly can, right? Here is when the integrity of the lawyer is a challenged. Does a lawyer do his job at his best to let his client win by all means, even when he knows that his client might be the real culprit, or do you always ensure that you are fighting for the right side, upholding the truth at all times.

The way I see it, lawyers are defenders, people who fight alongside people who deemed worthy. In today’s scenario they are coming very handy especially when the fine line between truth and deceit is getting harder and harder to differentiate. Then again, in the end what we all fight for what we think is right from our eyes and beliefs, in the end nothing is ever right or wrong.

I leave the rest to you…….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

1st post from London