Christmas time


Happy December 25th everyone! What a boring day, since there aren’t any public transport that operates on this day, we are left here to rot in our homes with pretty much nothing to do. Oh how I wish for a game of cards or anything at all. All I did was to watch Kungfu Panda 2, and that was pretty much it, for now at least. Things have been pretty frustrating lately, especially with the Internet.

For some strange unexplained reason, our broadband seemed to have slowed down eversince we got back from our trip to Amsterdam last week. I have tried almost everything from changing the router, the ADSL cable, as well as the ADSL filter. Heck, I even tried giving the Virgin Media guy a ring yesterday evening, just in case if he could assist me or anything, unfortunately, I was dead wrong. To say that he was not at all helpful might be a bit exaggerating, I’m pretty sure he’s done all he could through the phone. In the end, I am left where I started, with tremendously sluggish Internet connection.

Again, I am so disappointed with myself for letting my households down, especially in times like this when we have guests coming over. I hate to say it, but looking at their faces, they seemed to have expected more from us, sadly I failed to deliver. What a shame.

Well, as they say, when life gives you lemon, make lemonade, which is exactly what I am trying to do at present. It has been a while since I had the chance to just sit down by myself on the floor, writing freely on my own, expressing my silly thoughts.

You know, a couple of days earlier, I came across an article about on the estimated time on Christmas day when a common British family is estimated to have an argument going. It was a pretty funny article when I first came across the title; I mean who pays much attention to such a minor turn of events on a day like this anyway, right? The study revealed that there will be a total of five family feuds taking place, the first one starting as early as around 10 in the morning, which is going to be centered on the preparations which is under way. Interesting read, if I must say so myself, an amusing find for this holiday season.

As expected, our flat is receiving quite a number of guests from all over Europe, which is very normal given this time of the year. At least it makes things a lot more interesting around here, having people to keep us company.

So tomorrow is Boxing day! The day many of us are waiting for is finally here. The day when people wil be swarming into shops to get hold of items from brands they deemed to be unaffordable in other time of the year. It is the biggest sale event of the year, where people from all over the world come flocking in to London just because they have been waiting all year long for it. It sure is going to be quite a sight tomorrow. I personally could not imagine how it is going to be like. I am just hoping that there won’t be any incident like last year when someone got killed in Zara. The very best of luck for everyone out there tomorrow! Spend well, but wisely.

I leave the rest to you…….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

Kisah si ayah dan anaknya....