I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Last week, days before I sat for my first paper, I had this crazy idea for a video. 

Given that this is the third and final year for my friends and me, I figured why not film a video about it. In the video, the host could ask them questions like:
  • what is your best experience here so far? 
  • how do you feel about finishing your studies soon? 
  • will you miss being a university student?
  • having studied overseas for the past three years, what are your words of advice to students back home? 
  • then somewhere in there, if possible, we could even make some sort of a shout out to our sponsors! Thank you this/ that for making our dreams come true or something like that. 
Alright, maybe the questions sound a bit cliche, but I am hoping that the participants would give out interesting responses to them. I had a vision of filming them in various location, just so that they will be more relaxed as the camera is rolling. In fact, the more chilled I can get them to be, I hope to get a more honest and exciting responses too! 

The idea is to film as many people as possible before compiling them all together into one video, editing out the boring bits. Hehe. Also, if the responses were too big then maybe the final product could be made into a serial video instead of just a single video! Why limit yourself to just producing one single video when the contents are too exciting to be compressed into one?

BUT in order to make it work, I would need a large enough pool of people to interview first. Now that is the tricky part of this project.

Given that exam season is on, I don't think many would want to say yes to such a silly idea. I would think that most of them would be camping in the libraries by now. Not to mention the fact that I do expect quite a number of them to say no to this because they are camera-shy (what a lie). There is no use for me to force them to do it if they don't feel like it, otherwise I will be comprising the quality of the end product. 

Therefore, taking a step back, I do not think that this project is feasible. Given the timeframe, and the fact that exam has already started, it would be very difficult for me even to get a hold of them. 

Sad, isn't it? 
I hate it when this happen. It is rare enough for me to get hold of a great idea like this, with the summer season close by, I can have more outdoor shots; being in London, there are countless places to be picked for the setting; finally the project had to be called off due to the lack of manpower and support. But then again, maybe it's the fact of having me behind the project that makes it less credible; why waste your time being filmed by an amateur who thinks his idea is that great anyway? 


Sigh.
It was such a great idea. 

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

  1. DO IT!
    LIKE, SERIOUSLY, DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT!

    Do you know how many students (especially post-SPM students) would love hearing things like that?

    SERIOUSLY, GO FOR IT BRO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! Make plans with others. It doesn't have to be a one day filming. Maybe you can set dates so more people can join. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leaders?!

1st post from London