untitled

I like to wear a cap lately. I have no specific reason why, but it just so happens that I feel like wearing it. Maybe I just feel like hiding my face. Besides, I prefer it if others do not see my face. At such an age, looks perhaps most may argue one's looks play quite a significant role in life. What those roles may be, one could ask. Well the answer differs from an individual to another.

I have never been proud of myself, now that is a solid fact known especially to those who knew since a long time. Which was why I hate filling up forms so much, what more when they asked me to state my achievements, roles and positions I've held in my high school or even college for that matter. I have none, sadly. I am not a success, I admit it. I am no big shot like most of my scholar friends here. My involvement in projects and activities, they are very few plus most of them were very minor roles. Sometimes, I still ponder why am I chosen to be here, among the best from our country. Obviously I can never compete with them, not academically since I know ever so little, what more in terms of extra curricular.

When I hear people around me complain about how little amount of allowances we get, and how long we have to come back and serve the Bank, I would merely smile to them, whilst thinking how lucky I am to be able to grab this opportunity to at least be considered a one of their scholars. Yes maybe our allowances we get each month may not be as luxurious as other scholars, one could argue. But to me, I am forever indebted to the Bank for giving me this chance, to know all these bright minds of the country, to learn and share their wisdom. What more could I ask for? Given my position right now as a humble student, being sent overseas to study, I have no such rights to argue nor am I in any position to bargain for anything more.

Life is short, and with all the tools that have been given to us all, we just have to make do with it and strive to make the best out of it.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?