Fun flight back here...


As I making my way through the security check before the departure hall for my flight I had an interesting encounter with one of the policewoman there. After the metal detector, I went straight to collect my stuff and put them back into my bagpack.

Police: Eh, la Melayu ke?
Me: Aah, Melayu lah. Kenapa?
Police: Taklah, ingatkan Cina tadi.
Me: (Sambil tersengih) Mungkin sebab saya tak ada misai janggut agaknya.
Police: Belajar oversea ye?
Me: Aah.
Police: Wah balik tiap-tiap tahun ke? Rajinnya.
Me: Mak ayah ada, baliklah beraya dengan dorang.
Police: Untunglah dapat balik beraya, akak pun tak dapat balik raya tau.
Me: Okaylah kak, saya gerak dulu ye. Jumpa lagi, bye~ Assalamualaikum.

That was not the only noteworthy conversation I had that day; in the flight I was seated next to an Australian who works as an accountant in London. I never got his name though. He was back from his holiday here in Malaysia. He was away for the summer to surf around Asia. As I told him that I am a student studying Economics in London, he told me how he wished he had studied the subject more extensively back in his days in Aussie. According to him, his everyday job involves a lot of economics, and if only he did it before, then things would surely have been more fun.

Because the flight was rather empty, he then changed to the row behind me because he wanted to lie down. He likes flying with Emirates because of the service. He went on telling me that he has been upgraded twice, once to Business class for no reason, while the second time around was because a baby puked in his seat right before the plane took off, thus they gave him a First class seat instead since that was the only available seat was left. I said to him, ‘Perhaps you should have went back there and shook the baby’s hand to thank him.’

Why am I telling you all this? Well, firstly it has something to do with the fact that it is 1 in the morning right now, but I cannot really sleep yet. Second of all, writing makes me feel better, so even if nobody ever reads this, it does not matter. I just needed to jot it down somewhere, just in case it ever fades from my memory or something.

I leave the rest to you……. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?