Qatar, kiss my behind...


E-commerce Support
E-commerce Support (Qatar Airways Support)
Feb 20 18:28 (AST)
Dear Mr.Ahmad,
Thank you for contacting Qatar Airways.
We would like to inform you that yes you have to go to your city office to get 
assistance to book your student ticket so you will be able to get your extra baggage allowance.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Yours sincerely,
E-commerce Support Team 
World's 5-star airline. qatarairways.com

Wafiuddin Ahmad 11
Wafiuddin Ahmad 11
Feb 20 18:24 (AST)
So I will need to come to the London Ticketing Office myself to book the ticket, am I correct?

E-commerce Support
E-commerce Support (Qatar Airways Support)
Feb 20 18:22 (AST)
Dear Mr.Ahmad,
Thank you for contacting Qatar Airways.
Yes. A special baggage allowance is available for students who have purchased a 
student
 discount fare ticket. Students who have purchased regular fare tickets online or
 through a reservation desk are not eligible for this additional allowance.
Kindly open the below link for more details and information:

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Yours sincerely,
E-commerce Support Team 
World's 5-star airline. qatarairways.com

Wafiuddin Ahmad 11
Wafiuddin Ahmad 11
Feb 20 18:13 (AST)
I once read somewhere that your airlines do have a special ticket fare together with 
extra baggage allowance of 30kg for students, so if possible, can I know whether this is 
applicable for me if I need to book a return ticket from London to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? 
Also, if it is, how can I book such ticket?


I was looking for a ticket to go back home this summer, and I finally came across Qatar airways. Having read on their web that they do have some sort of student offer. Having submitted an enquiry to them, and they have replied as above, so out I went to the London ticketing office to see if I could book myself a ticket. 

Unfortunately, when I got there, the staff told me that NO, they have no such thing on Qatar. I was so shocked to hear that. I showed her the emails above, but she insisted that this is usually an offer by STA Travel. But the thing is, it is no where stated that such offer is from another company, which is so misleading, I was so frustrated that it occurred to me that I should throw my helmet and my Solex padlock to their glass wall once I got out, just to show them a lesson, but luckily I did not.

So being a civilized man, I asked them is this the best that you can offer me, plus is there any way you could help me contact STA Travel or anything. Like a fool, she told me that though Qatar does promote itself a lot via STA Travel, staff cannot contact STA Travel freely (WTH second round). Having been let down by such a nonsense reply, I decided to leave. Before I went off, I told her that perhaps her airlines could do better to let their customers know that some offers are conducted by STA Travel and not by them by writing it down on their website in BOLD or wtv.

It is such a frustrating day for me having to cycle all the way to their ticketing office just to be told to my face in such an unhelpful way that there is no such offer available. Not to mention, how stupid her answer was to me, 'staffs are not allowed to contact STA Travel directly', oh come on! For that same price you offered me, I can get a much better deal from Emirates, and they are a way better established airlines compared to you. For goodness sake, they are a premium company, unlike you. Shame on you. I am never flying with you guys, Qatar. What a whole lot of sham.

What offended me the most was the fact that nowhere states on either the website nor the emails that the offer has anything to do with STA Travel. It is so frustrating to be treated in such a way. If the offer is truly from STA Travel in conjunction with Qatar Airways then the least that you could do is to inform us the customer about it.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

  1. COME BACK TO MALAYSIA THIS SUMMER PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! ME WANNA MEET YOUUUU :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?