Eksiden lak ai~


                Whoever said that cycling in London is not without any dangers has got to be joking. First of all, just by looking at the sheer traffic load of the streets, one must be crazy enough to think that it is 100% safe. In fact, statistics have shown that there have been some fatal accidents here in London itself, so yes it is by far not the safest way to travel. But one thing is for sure, the adrenaline rush that you get every morning as you ride across the busy traffic, the energized feeling you get once you got off your bike and step foot into your office or classes, not to mention the responsible feeling you have towards maintaining your own bike, as it is the equivalent to your own car here in London; this is more than a strong enough reason for one to start cycling in London.
                I ran into a car’s door last week. Luckily though, I was not injured, and to be honest it surely was my fault. But if I could change one thing, I wished that the driver was more humane. As soon as I got up and looked towards the driver, I saw him shaking his head as if he was saying that it was entirely my fault, but hello, I could have been injured, can you be any more ignorant? Regardless, I am still grateful that I am still able to ride. Having gone through all of that, I began thinking, perhaps cyclist are more prone to accidents when they ride in urban areas, going through small streets and alleys. Yes it does make your ride much faster by taking all those shortcuts, plus the calm feeling having avoided the hassle of cycling through the much busier traffic in the large roads like Euston road, with all the buses and lorries. But then again, would it not be much easier to cycle along the big roads? That way you get to ride through long stretches of road with fewer traffic lights, plus you need to memorize fewer roads. A much straighter path, if you will. Unfortunately, the mere thought of having to cycle alongside the buses and lorries is the main setback of it all. Maybe I should give it a go sometimes, and see for myself. Why not, right?

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?