The passed

Life is temporary, but death is forever. 
A famous quote indeed, which kept coming to back to me this last few weeks.

We all know it all too well, the fact that our very existence in itself is temporary. Nothing lasts forever, which means it is only right that we are not to roam this earth forever. Funny how real everything seemed to feel to us while we are living, which was why some even proposed that the life we are living right now is nothing more than just an elaborate dream, the infamous matrix theory. For me, I personally think that however interesting the intuition is behind the matrix theory, it just feel a bit off to think of our lives as being a lie, but then again, nobody would too. Besides, then what is the point of putting our effort in virtually anything, ain't it?

It all started around earlier this month with the passing of my friend's mom. Yes, though I must admit that I am not that close to him, but a tragedy always have a place in a man's soul, whether he realises it or not, it is bound to impact him in some subtle way. Then, just a few days after AidilAdha, my aunt went away.

She was diagnosed with a stage four cancer and was supposed to undergo her second chemotherapy but sadly, she never made it. As I've written before, I was not so close to her (it seems almost as if there is a pattern here, am I not tuned to be attached to people or something?), but my biggest concern was about my grandma. My late aunt was not married, not so sure why, but now I understood why: she was the one who stayed with my grandma all this while in the 'kampung' when the rest of my dad's siblings are split, some in KL while the rest are still in Terengganu. She was there when the rest were occupied with their everyday routine and family of their own to be taken cared of.

While just last week, the mother of someone who I hold so dearly to my heart passed away as well. Unfortunately I won't say much on this because this isn't my story to be told. The saddest part of this was the fast that her passing happened all too quickly, in just less than an hour, before anything can be done, she was gone. To add to that, she went away when her presence was still pretty much needed in the family, some were still in school and so on.

By now you may think that, in all of the above stories, I am not attached to any of them, so that explains why I am not mourning over their deaths, but the truth is, they do. They do bother me in that, they made me realise something, of which I choose not to discuss here now. Buried under my work, everytime I took a sip of my coffee, I cannot help but to wonder, what if it was to happen to me? What if the horrible dream I had last time when I was about to sit for my exam became true? Am I strong enough, wise enough to go through what Amin, Rahimah and my Tok Wan are going through right now? As for them, everyday I pray may the Almighty have mercy on the passed as well as to give the living the guidance to carry on with their lives, lined by courage to make it through all this.

As cold-hearted as I am, my heart goes out to all of them.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?