Highlights of this week


Second week of internship. As always, there wasn't much for me to do as my supervisor only got back to the office last Friday. So throughout the week I continued on doing few clerical works and read on things. But that does not mean that I had an entirely dull week overall, there were a few highlights of my week.

First was surely PC Fair! Being such a huge tech fan I couldn't resist the temptation of not going the fair. Besides, it has become an annual event on my calendar each year without fail. Not that I have much things to look for, but for me it was more of a great chance to compare and contrast between products, plus this is the time to ask question to the geeks. 

I went twice, both on. Friday back from work, and also on Saturday with my family. I got to tell you, it was fun playing with the exhibitors because sometimes the staff there don't really know their products that well. For example, as I walked along the Yes Mobile booth, one of the promoters came to me, trying to sell his telco's broadband. Usually I would say to him that I already have one, but given how bored I was at the time, not to mention how tired I was back from work, thus decided to have a little bit of fun.

He told me that the broadband has impressive coverage throughout Malaysia, he then asked me where I live. I told him that I surely live in KL, but my wife is from Kemaman, Terengganu. I asked about the broadband coverage in Kemaman. Unfortunately, he didn't know about it. So he went to ask around. Then he brought me to the MacBook near his booth and Googled for the coverage map. Something I could've easily done on my own, heck I did it before I even came down there! Come on, you dont think I did my homework, did you? Sadly, there was no 3G coverage from Yes in Kemaman, a fact I already knew all too well. Before I bid my goodbye to him, claiming that I will have to go back and discuss it over with my beloved wife, he even jot down his name and phone number, hoping that he'll get the commission if I ever change my mind on it. Here's his number. Hahahaha. 



On top of that, the other highlight of this week was when I went to a sharing session with scholars in Lanai Kijang on Monday. I am no expert on the issue, so I was pretty sure that me being there was not as helpful to the scholars as the HR people would have wished for. I was there to see my friends, to catch up and also to settle some business matter. So on Monday I went to see them, and to my surprise, the next day Afiq Salleh asked me if I wanted to go and have dinner with the scholars! I was at first so reluctant to go because it's a far way home for me, since I am relying on public transport,  and also partly because I have family commitments at night; but given the amount of enthusiasm I sensed in his voice, I finally agreed to it. The food was tasty, could have been better, but a free-loaders like me shouldnt ask for more. Oh and I ran into Allen, the infamous Cambridge scholar, now turned staff while I was in Lanai. Of course he didn't know me, but hey, there's no harm in saying hi and shaking hands with people kan?

So there you have it, the highlights of my week. Frankly speaking, I was so satisfied that I had the chance to interact with the scholars whom are about to go overseas soon, both to the States and UK. Though from the looks of it, most of them looked more anxious, waiting for the results determining their fate rather than enjoying the pre-departure program, but I don't blame them. A year ago, I felt exactly the same thing. I didn't cared much about what people from the Bank had to say, nor the Visa application process. All I cared about was to get the result I very much needed, and to get back home to the ones I loved as quickly as possible. My advice to all of you, stay calm. You've done your best, so lets leave the rest to Him. Call me bluffing, but I know smart people when I see them, and each of you are among them. 

As for now...

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?