Happy bDay me...

It's my birthday! So, happy birthday to me!

The night before, I fell asleep right before midnight as I was too tired to actually wait for the clock to strike twelve. All because of the work Neena gave me, but who am I to complain, it comes with the job. Besides, it was just some financial sector liberalisation background check, nothing much. When I woke up so reluctantly today I found myself smiling on my own when I got three texts from three very special people. One was from my elder brother (I think he might have set a reminder on his Nokia phone, but who cares), the other one was from my sister from another mother, Syaza, and lastly, it was from Sabrina. I am way too tired to even walk and get my iPhone to check who actually texted me first, but if I remembered correctly it was Sabrina! So yeay to you! You get a prize! Nah, kidding. But anyway, thanks so much you guys for all the warm wishes! Not just you three, but I do mean ALL of you out there who sent me wishes either via FB message, posted it on my timeline, my Twitter page, Whatsapp or even a simple SMS. Really meant a lot to me, honest~

The rest of it, was just another day at work for me; started off pretty lousy with my TouchNGo problem, and as soon as I reached Kupang (the warung near the main entrance of the Bank), Amirul wished me happy birthday. Well, I was hoping that, you know, he would belanja me a cup of teh tarik or something, but never mind, Lilian already belanja my lunch today.

The thing is, I actually had a plan for my own birthday. The original plan was to go for a buffet dinner in a restaurant somewhere. But it was cancelled because first I could not find a suitable place. I tried looking around, even signed up for Groupon hoping to get a good deal, unfortunately the restaurants listed there are not the types which my parents would approve of, if you know what I mean. And it is also partly because my parents are not that big on going out at night. They resented going for wedding receptions at night, so why the heck would they say yes to this?

So given the circumstances, I decided to go with plan B. You know as they say, if you cannot go to the party, you make the party come to you! I was planning on getting a cake from Secret Recipe, black forest maybe, and also some donuts from Big Apple. Sounds simple enough, eh?

But yet again, I was held back because I got home too late to actually go back out and buy all those things! What a failure, don't you think?

So in the end, as I got down from the bus tonight, I went to 7-Eleven to get Oreo and Butterscotch bread, I even managed to grab some putu piring nearby. Just a few delicious things to make up for all the failed plans. But to my surprise, when I got home, I found out that my mom bought us some Sate, not just normal sate, but Sate from Manje's shop! Not only that, she even made us sup tulang! Yummy!







OST for today~ Cheerio guys!

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?