...

Last couple of weekend was the infamous UKEC's annual Careers Fair here in UCL. Many flocked to London as early as Friday morning from all around the UK. This is a golden opportunity for many to not only gain better insights on the careers which awaits them once they graduate, but also a great chance for those who are looking for an internship opportunity. Many of my friends also came down, Ain from Bristol, Hafizin (classmate from SAS) from Birmingham, Adam Wan from Manchester and many more.

Unlike them, I was not as enthusiastic to look for an internship opportunity because I already have one for this coming summer. Nevertheless, it is fun to go walk around and chat with representatives from the participating companies that day. Frankly speaking, I don't really know where do I fit in with the Economics degree I am currently doing actually. Am I looking to be a manager one day, don't feel like it. Am I looking to be a consultant? Nah, guess I'll pass on that too.

I am still having a bit of a trouble getting to know my own self to be honest. These days, I often feel like hitting the reset button on my life and start over. Even though it is impossible, I am thankful to God for blessing me with the next best thing, which is the chance to be here in the UK. It is not a hard-reset unlike what I had wanted for, but it is by far good enough for me.

I have my problems, my past which keep coming back to me. Last couple of days, as I was about to give up on myself I stumbled across Miss Ang's reply to me last Christmas. She is my class teacher when I was in form 1. She taught Japanese, but I never got a chance to study with her as I was a French student. But what made her so special to my heart was the fact that she kept motivating me everytime I see her, or in this case, e-mail her. I never opened up much to her, but she could somehow tell that I needed some encouragement, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Thus it got me thinking, everybody has their own problems, not just you and me. But if each of us is constantly on the hunt for the solution, eager to share our problems with one another, who is left to listen to them? Sometimes, all we need is someone to listen to us, just lend an ear, is all we ask for.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?