Project #2, summer cycling episode

That video was supposed to be my upcoming project as soon as I finished my exams, well at least it was, until a friend of mine came along and pitched his idea to me. 

You wanna know what his big idea was? He asked me to tag along with him on a cycling trip to Brighton. 

Is that it? To cycle all the way to Brighton, which is about 100km away from the metropolitan city of London? Was that it? 


So that's how far London- Brighton is.
In all honesty, this route has been done by many. Heck, from the research that we did, we found out that some university's cycling society even managed to head there early in the morning and still managed to return to London for their 9am lectures! How crazy is that? And to top it off, they managed it using just normal commuting bikes, not the racing road bike types that both and I are thinking of right now! Now that's mad. 

The proposal did not end there. 
The trip to Brighton is just the medium goal, the main event is to cycle all the way from London to Bristol, then off to Exeter before we head to our final destination to Cardiff. WOW right? That is...quite ambitious if I may say so myself. 

Regardless of the underlying motivation to carry out such a thing, the main thing that came to my mind: Dang, I need to get a better bike. With the bike that I have, I don't think I can make it that far. 


Voila, my baby..

Judging from our trip to Richmond park the other day, which totaled up to about 40km, I don't think that my bike is sturdy enough to make it too much farther. 


London- Richmond park
But don't get me wrong, I love my bike! I think it's pretty sexy too. Unfortunately, if I am too be able to keep up with the rest of the pack during the cycle, a lighter bike with better gears would perhaps serve me well. Have you ever rode on a bike with tube shifters? 


This is what tube shifter looks like. Notice where they are located? 

Yeap, this is where I change my gears; everytime I need to shift gear, I need to steadily hold grip the handle bar with one hand while I reach my other hand down to the tube to shift gear. As a result, it takes me longer time to change gears, which in and of itself is inefficient, not to mention dangerous. 

So there it is. two very exciting projects. At the moment, I have to admit, I am pretty stoked about the cycling trip. I am no cycling junkie, but since I've started cycling when I am here in the UK, I figured, why not go for it all the way? 

Having said so though, I haven't made my choice yet. I was thinking of how to make combine the two ideas and make them work; given how distinct the nature of each of these ideas are very, I believe that it might make sense for the two of them to work well with one another. Maybe I could tweak the theme of my video a little bit, hmmm. 

Anyway I have a lot of thinking to do before I could give either project a go. 

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?