Signs

We are all very familiar with the phrase, 'happening right underneath one's nose' which translates into an incident that hook place directly in front of us the whole time, yet we missed it. Quite ironic, isn't it? We humans are blessed with dual frontal field of vision, which means we are supposed to have a better, clearer view of what is taking place in front of us, enabling us to judge the distance of two objects more accurately, but unfortunately most of the times, our two eyes still fail us.

During the last few weeks this was the lesson I learnt. As I got into the LRT one fine morning, dreading how the heck am I to finish reciting the Quran this Ramadan, what more when I now have to come to work 8 hours a day? My worries was answered when the train stopped at Setiawangsa a guy got in, holding a Quran firmly in his hand. Since I was standing close to him, it became obvious to me that he was actually 'bertasmiq' (rechecking his memory of the Quran). As if that was not an obvious enough sign from God to me, a lady then entered the train, reading a hard copy of the Quran in her hand. There and then it struck me, if I were to finish my task, I really need to work hard for it. Whether I like it or not, I have no choice but to force myself to continue on my reading while I was on the move.

Then one night when I was attending Terawih prayer, yet another sign was sent down to God for me. I witnessed an old man who could barely stand up to carry out the prayer being handed a chair by a man who was equally as handicapped as him. I saw a reflection of myself in such an act; how ignorant and selfish was normal people of my kind not to offer a helping hand to the needy.

But then again, these signs were not just for me. Surely there are thousands of them everywhere we go, unfortunately we are just too busy to actually notice them, which was how where the saying originated from.

I leave the rest to you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?