1st half of Ramadan

The first half of Ramadan is behind us, alhamdulillah. Gosh, that sure was quick, fifteen days went by in a flash. How time flies when we pay least attention to it. I know that I haven't been writing much lately, forgive my negligence for it is not that I do not have time to write, nor was I short of ideas, but the thing is, I could not find the right way to actually write it. So finally, here it is.

Ramadan this year started off pretty tiring. Yes, I know I am just an intern, but I must really admit, the whole commuting to and fro to work is not that fun. Not when you cannot eat nor drink. Especially drinking though, for those of you who know me well, I have quite a heavy drinking habit. Other than that, being sleep deprivation is something I have become accustomed to over the past few years. Besides, I am famous as the guy who always look and sound sleepy. Even up till today when I go to work, I'll hear people complaining that I look as if I did not shower this morning. LOL me.

On a much more sorrow note, the first fifteen days was filled with drama.

First was cancer. Yes, I meant the cancer disease. In the beginning of Ramadan I had two cancer cases, and one of them was a family member, my aunt to be precise. I was not that close to her, to be honest, but still I cannot help but to sympathize her condition. She is in her 4th stage, which in plain English translates to be the final stage. Meanwhile further details on the other case are a bit vague to me, since I was not personally there. But nevertheless, it did occurred to a dear individual to my good friend. Plus, I believe that God was the one who moved my friend's heart to call me that night, so who am I to ignore His calling. Maybe I may not be much of a help, but at least I tried. Who knows, what if the same thing were to happen to me? We never now.

Second, we have a divorce case. Again, this happened to one of my own. You know, I personally hate divorce cases not because of the couple themselves, but it's because of the kids. When things went terribly wrong between a husband and a wife, they argue or even fight, then one day when they finally decided that they had enough of one another and opted to get a divorce, the kids will be the ones who suffer. Can you imagine how scary must it be to in the shoes of kids like this? To actually stand there and witness your two most beloved individuals on this earth quarrel like that, as if the love that was once there is no more? Not only that, statistics also show that kids who comes from a family with such track records tend to have a relatively high chance to grow up as criminals. The breaking up of a family cracks our society even worse than it already is.

Thirdly, nothing bugs a friend more than hearing bad news about another friend. In recent week, some bad whispers on something to do with the newly released exam results are going around. Once more the details on the matter are vague on my behalf. One thing though which caught my attention was the fact how people seemed to be so interested in knowing who these people are rather than actually doing something to help them. Alright, maybe my tone was a bit too harsh, maybe there are somebody out there who does lend the a helping hand. But when will we all learn? Talking about someone else does not change anything; if you are really friend, then do something about it. Give them support, and more importantly, try not to make the news sound any more tragic than it already is when somebody else asks you about it.

Hoping for a better second half of Ramadan. Oh, and a piece of advice, it does not hurt to ask people whether they are alright because MOST of the times, there's always story left untold behind a smile.

I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

Kisah si ayah dan anaknya....