Backdated travel log

Earlier this month I embarked on a brief tour around some of Europe's famous places. For two weeks, Nik and I went from Budapest to Bratislava (this is the capital city of Slovakia, just in case some of you are wondering. It is not so much of  a famous place, but because we were around the area we thought what the heck, lets pay this place a visit), then we went off to Vienna before setting foot in Berlin, Germany. Initially we were supposed to head to Prague, Czech as well, but due to the heavy flood we decided not to take a chance with it.

In a nutshell, I would have to admit it was a very fun and exciting trip overall. Surely the places there were very beautiful indeed since Nik being a photographer, he managed to shoot very awesome shoots of them too. These are of course in his possession, so sadly I am not able to share it with you., I'm afraid.

What I can share with you are the takeaways I got from the trip though.

  1. Expect to see A LOT of museums in Europe. Apparently, on this side of the globe, people are a big fan of museums. Unlike in Asia or in the States, there are museums for almost everything you could possibly think of, from things like sex (Sex Museum in Amsterdam) to the train museum, available in Berlin. Frankly speaking though, some of them were pretty fascinating, for example, the Jewish museum in Berlin, that is a totally must go, especially if you do not know much about the Holocaust nor the Jewish culture, the exhibits there are very interactive, plus the whole layout of the museum will surely be able to keep you awake, trust me.
  2. Reading has never been so much fun especially when you are on the road. I am not much a novel reader, I do read them, but I seldom found them to be so much fun, until I hit the road. Once the internet was no where within reach and my smartphone was utterly useless except to be used as a GPS locator, there was not much to do in the spare time that we had. And by spare time, I was referring to the times spent on the train/plane to get from one place to another. Hey, I managed to finish Dan Brown's Inferno while we were on the train to Bratislava and I never read any of his book before, quite an achievement I must say. By the way, that book is amazing, seriously a must read!
  3. You can actually do a lot of cool things using a DSLR. As I mentioned earlier, one of the main goal of our journey was to actually shoot some cool photos, and yeah, we did. For some reason, Nik wanted to take photos of sunset very much, because according to him, the moment when the sun was just about to set completely the orange rays shine the opposite side revealing some very spectacular sights, that was the precious shots we were after. Also, Nik also has this neat trick where he sets his camera so that he can make the river flowing underneath the bridge seemed calm with no waves, as if it was a flat marble floor. The end results, breathtaking photos, the ones you would usually find when you would usually set as your desktop background.
  4. Finally, I hate taking pictures of myself. If any of you have seen some most of the photos I've taken using me phone, you'll realize, I did not snap much photos of me at all. Not only that, to make it worse, I only realized this the moment I arrived back home in London, but I am not regretting it. Besides, what's important are the photos of the places I went to right? Then again, when I think back and scroll through my FB page, I cannot help but to wonder, why do people like to take so many photos of themselves? LOL me
I leave the rest to you.......

Comments

  1. While sightseeing around Amsterdam, I attended the sex museum. it is officially called Sexmuseum Venustempel, by the way. I have pretty interesting and awkward at the same time experience. Though, it is Amsterdam, the city of legal drugs and Red Light District nearby.

    Anyway, great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have an idea, lets make a video project!

Leaders?!

What's in my typical bag to uni?